Only God Can

Today, I received a very sad news from a friend. I met Mike guy when I was in high school and he is one of the my closes friend and until now. In fact, we still keep in touch even after graduation and recently, we [together with our other friends] just celebrated our birthday and our 11th year of friendship.

Last Saturday, I received a message from him telling me to pray for his mom because her mom was in coma and I prayed for her. I even asked a leader in our ministry to pray for her mom and we even scheduled a day to visit and pray for her in the hospital. But when I asked my Mike about the visiting schedule for her mom so we could pray for her, he said that she already passed away. I really felt bad after reading his message because she was a very sweet and caring person. She is like a mother to us. We saw how she loved her family.  And I was thinking, I wasn't able to pray for her closely. :(

But, God revealed to me that it doesn't matter whether I prayed for her while holding her hand or I prayed for her when I was in my room. Also, I cannot cure my Mike's mom, ONLY HE CAN. So, why am I thinking like that? When ONLY GOD HAS THE POWER TO CHANGED EVERYTHING and everything has a purpose.We may not understand or comprehend why it happened but in God's perfect time, we will know the reason. I am thankful that again, God rebuked, restored and encouraged me. I am hoping that anyone who are going through tough times will also endure knowing that our heavenly Father had set a time for us to mourn and dance. That everything under the heavens are planned and it has nothing to do about us. Because it was never about us and our abilities, it is about His plan and purpose for the greater glory His name.

               Ecclesiastes 3 -- A time for everything.

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.


Continue praying for my friend and the rest of his family. Pray for comfort, strength, provision, faith and that God will minister to them.




-Xoxo,


Lyn

Comments