Grace: My Robbery Experience

During my lunch break I decided to get a jacket at home because it's cold in the office and it's raining outside.

While I was on a jeepney, I checked the messages on my phone, because I was supposed to meet a friend in "Recto", then put it in the right-side-pocket of my jeans. Afterwards, two guys who got into the jeepney near mendiola-recto-legarda intersection, one sat in front beside the man wearing an earphone and other one sat on my right side. I looked into his face then scooch as far as possible. I don't know why but I just felt like praying so I prayed. Then after a few minutes, the guy in front was already holding the man tightly and he's demanding for his things. I was shocked and continued to pray then the guy beside me looked at me and said, "Hindi kayo kasali.", after getting what they wanted they got off the jeepney.


I was teary-eyed after what happened not because I was scared but because of the goodness of God.I was off- guard but the guy didn't even dare to asked for my bulky phone in my pocket. I am really thankful because of God's divine protection. He led me to pray and to trust in Him in that kind of situation.


Lately, my mind has been occupied by the things that worries me but once again my good Shepherd used His staff to turn my head so I can see Him. He reminded me that He has the power over all creations. So, I am encouraging you to do same. Obey, pray and put your faith in God in whatever helpless situation you're in.

Even though I witnessed such an awful scene I'm glad because I know that the God is on my side. No matter how hard the wind blows, take courage and pray. Never underestimate the power of prayer because you don't know what an omnipotent God can do through your simple prayers.

Comments