Big Buddha at Po Lin Monastery



 Big Buddha also known as Tian Tan Buddha is one of the famous tourist destinations in Hong Kong located a Po Lin Monastery in Ngong Ping Plateau. Beside the big Buddha in this Buddhist monastery are three other Buddhas made of bronze that represents the past, present and the future.


                         Po lin monastery
            Buddha from afar
Po Lin Monastery

There are coffee shops, food stall and stores where you can buy souvenirs inside the monastery. 

Big buddha
The main temple
Just a reminder, be ready to work your legs out to climb up to the top because it's way too high and make sure to bring some water.
Tian Tan Buddha
I'm getting close but I need to rest so I asked my mom to take a photo of me.

Big buddha

Resting for a bit and enjoying the cool breeze. So lucky because the 
weather is good. I', so thankful because I can see the view clearly.

My mom with the three buddhas

After resting and taking photos we headed to the bus station bound to Tai O. Check out my next blog.

Comments